Thursday, May 25, 2006

My Thrilling Schedule Today

Back in March I lost control of my car on the 520 onramp to southbound I-5. It smashed into the right wall, then the left wall before coming to a stop. Thankfully, no one else was involved, and my car had enough left in it to move to the side of the road out of traffic. Roughly ten minutes later some Washington State Patrol officers showed up on the scene to write up an accident report. Oh yeah, and to write me a ticket for "speed too fast for conditions."

I've got a 10:00 court appointment downtown today. The way I see it, the state doesn't have a leg to stand on, since the ticketing officer wasn't even there to witness my speed (which was not too fast, by the way). I'll report back here tonight on how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, Tim. If you lost control, you were going too fast.

Methinks Tim doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Great blog, otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're okay Tim, and I'm especially glad to hear that you didn't involve anyone else.

You claim that you were not going too fast for conditions. Tim, that doesn't make a lot of sense. As Anonymous said, if you lost control, it was clearly your fault - unless there were extreme circumstances (like someone sabotaged the road).